September 20, 2022
Avidbots recognizes that changes to our product offerings impact our customers and that thoughtful management is needed to transition smoothly and without interruption to our customers’ business. With that in mind, we have made available Avidbots' End-of-Life policy to help with better understanding of how Avidbots manages End-of-Life decisions relating to the various versions of its robots (each, a “Product”). Avidbots reserves the right to change this policy from time to time. All changes will be published on avidbots.com/legal. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you of material changes to this policy.
Notice of End-of-Life announcements
Avidbots will provide an End-of-Life announcement following the last day when the affected Product can be ordered (the “End-of-Sale date”). All End-of-Life announcements will be published at Avidbots Command Center [command.avidbots.com]. To view select the ? icon. We suggest that you reference this page regularly as it contains useful information regarding Avidbots' End-of-Life program.
Support/Software/Services/Parts available following End-of-Sale date
- Technical Support: Technical support will be available from Avidbots’ Customer Care for 7 years following the Product’s End-of-Sale date.
- Cleaning Plan Support / Remote Assistance: Cleaning Plan Support and Remote Assistance from Avidbots' Customer Care will be available for 7 years from the Product’s End-of-Sale date1.
- Spare/Replacement Parts: Spares or replacement parts will be available for 5 years from the Product’s End-of-Sale date. Avidbots reserves the right to substitute different but equivalent (or better) components, subsystems, or equipment, if required. After 5 years from the Product’s End-of-Sale date, we will endeavour to continue to provide spare or replacement parts but cannot guarantee availability.
- Software Releases: Software releases will be available for 7 years from the Product’s End-of-Sale date as follows1:
- For the first 5 years following the Product’s End-of-Sale date, we will provide all patch releases required for the Product to continue to operate or to address critical security issues, as well as all upgrades (including new features and capabilities) provided that the existing hardware can support such upgrades.
- During the next two years, we will provide only patch releases required for the Product to continue to operate or to address critical security issues.
- Preventative Maintenance and Repair Services: Avidbots’ preventative maintenance and repair services will be available following the Product’s End-of-Sale date as follows1:
- If the Product is covered under an active Avidbots prepaid service plan on the End-of-Sale date, you may renew/extend your service plan for up to a maximum of five years following the Product’s End-of Sale date. If your service plan has lapsed prior to the End-of-Sale date, your Avidbots prepaid service plan may not be renewed.
- Preventative maintenance and repair services will be available for purchase on a pay-as-you-go basis indefinitely, but Avidbots does not guarantee availability of spare or replacement parts or provide any service level commitments after 5 years following the End-of-Sale date.
- Rentals: If you have an active rental order for a Product that has been declared End-Of-Life, your rental is not automatically terminated. Avidbots will have the discretion to provide you with a newer version of the Product for your use.
1Available only to customers with an active software subscription (unless your contract provides otherwise).